Managed East Chicago Housing Association - (MECHA)
MECHA, an instrumentality of the East Chicago Housing Authority (ECHA) in accordance with the requirements of the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development (HUD), provides and adheres to all of HUD’s guidelines on providing fair housing to all of its residents, regardless of race, sex, creed or color.
MECHA is a not-for-profit organization and the MECHA team is dedicated to creating affordable housing opportunities and assisting East Chicago residents in reaching self-sufficiency goals.
MECHA accomplishes their important goals by working closely with the East Chicago Housing Authority, the City of East Chicago and other local agencies to pool resources and capitalize on the momentum of providing the best care and services to East Chicago residents in need of affordable housing opportunities.
- MECHA strives to facilitate the development and availability of decent housing that is affordable to low and moderate income persons and families. MECHA also serves as a Community Housing Development Organization (CHDO);
- MECHA engages in development, rehabilitation or construction of housing and other community development activities for the purpose of expanding decent, suitable and affordable housing in the City of East Chicago;
- MECHA fosters positive impacts on the overall social and well-being of the community;
- MECHA encourages community members, particularly those of low income, to participate in planning for programs which expand housing, economic and social needs of East Chicago residents;
- MECHA seeks and utilizes available federal, state, county, local government and private resources to provide projects, programs and services which will result in community economic development and affordable housing for East Chicago residents.
- MECHA engages and partners with other organizations and businesses to support the mission and purpose of the Managed East Chicago Housing Association Inc.
MECHA PROPERTY FOR SALE
Washington Square Area
East Chicago, IN. 46312